Are you interested in participating on a board? Would you like to hear more about what it involves to be a Trustee of a non-profit organisation?
Cork Volunteer Centre will host a special 2 hour workshop on 25th October where you will hear more about what being on a board involves and how it helps you both give back to the community, and provides you with new skills to improve your employment prospects.
The workshop will include:
What is a Trustee?
- Introduction to the Organisational Role of the Trustees
- Responsibilities & Legal Duties of Trustees
- Sector Context
- Challenges & Rewards
What Can I Offer?
- Required Skills
- Complementary Skills/Knowledge
What’s the Right Fit for Me?
- Where to find out more about the Trustee Role
- Researching Your Charity
- Some good questions to ask
This 2 hour workshop will take place in St. Peter’s on North Main St, and will begin at 3pm sharp with an introduction from Cork Volunteer Centre followed by a presentation from The Wheel.